Executive Order declaring a national day of mourning following Tu-154 crash in Krasnodar Territory
Vladimir Putin signed Executive Order declaring a national day of mourning following Tu-154 crash in Krasnodar Territory.
The Executive Order reads:
The crash of the Tu-154 aircraft on December 25, 2016 in Sochi, the Krasnodar Territory, has resulted in numerous deaths.
In mourning for the crash victims and expressing condolences to their families and friends, I hereby order:
1. To declare December 26, 2016 a national day of mourning in the Russian Federation.
2. To fly state flags of the Russian Federation at half-mast on the territory of the country.
3. To recommend cultural institutions, television and radio broadcasting companies to cancel all entertainment events and programmes on the day of mourning.
4. To have the Russian Government, together with authorities in the Russian constituent entities, take necessary measures to provide assistance to the victims' families.
5. This Executive Order comes into effect upon its signing.